Minecraft 12w21a DownloadMinecraft Updates [ May 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM ] 9,729 Views
Time for a new snapshot! One big difference this time is that you don’t need the server jar to play single-player. Also,
- Villagers will trade items (they are cheap bastards, though!)
- Added a “currency item”
- A few minor terrain changes
- A new useful block/item (requires obsidian)
- Added a /seed command for showing the map seed
- Added sandstone stairs
- A lot of smaller changes and fixes
Get the snapshot here:
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
Credits: The Minecraft Team
|Minecraft 12w21a, Minecraft Downloads, Minecraft Snapshots|
|Do you like this post? Add to Favorites|