Minecraft 12w30b DownloadMinecraft Updates [ July 23, 2012 at 11:13 PM ] 332 Views
We’re getting really close to the 1.3 release now, and need to check that everything runs as expected. The plan is to release one or two snapshots, and then the 1.3 pre-release by Wednesday or Thursday. The pre-release is intended to be identical to the official release next week, in order to give modmakers and server admins a week’s head start. That’s why we need to do a snapshot first, since we can’t do changes to the update after the pre-release is out.
This snapshot consists of all the bugfixes that Nathan (@dinnerbone) and Eric (@_grum) have been working on the last two weeks. Get it here:
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
Make sure to check back EVERY Wednesday for a new Weekly Chunk.
UPDATE: There was a bug that prevented people from interacting with blocks (right-clicking) which has been fixed. We also fixed a null pointer exception. The links above have been updated to point to the new version (12w30b).
Credits to: Lydia Winters
The Minecraft Team
|Minecraft 12w30b, Minecraft Downloads, Minecraft Snapshots|
|Do you like this post? Add to Favorites|