Minecraft 12w34a DownloadMinecraft Updates [ August 24, 2012 at 6:01 AM ] 2,334 Views
The recent two weeks Dinnerbone and I (jeb_) have worked a lot on new features, both our own and suggestions from the community. Before you ask, the API that will allow you to do your own features is waiting for a large restructuring of the render engine to be completed. I’ll write more about this in a future blog post.
So while you wait for that, here are the changes in this week’s snapshot:
- Added item frames
- Added cobblestone walls (yes, mossy too)
- Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps. Maps can also be cloned
- Stairs now auto-arrange into corners. This is a test and may change based on feedback
- Mobs can travel through portals
- Leather clothes can be dyed
- Removed the “wip block” from the creative menu
- Added two new crops and associated items
- F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (it’s for debugging, mainly)
- F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging)
- Added arrow-sensitive wooden buttons
- Trapdoors can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim)
Download the snapshot here:
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
Make sure to check back EVERY Wednesday for a new Weekly Chunk.
Credits to: Lydia Winters
The Minecraft Team
|Minecraft Downloads, Minecraft Snapshots|
|Do you like this post? Add to Favorites|